Private Guiding on Vancouver Island
Welcome to my Vancouver Island Guiding information page
About two years ago, I started offering private guiding to customers from all over the world including recently Australia and the United States.
If you are seeking a full time professional nature photographer, with a detailed knowledge of Vancouver Island, you have found the correct person. I have lived on Vancouver Island since 2002 and BC since 1993. I have traveled from the Southern Vancouver Island (where I live) to the top where San Joseph, Cape Scott Provincial Park is located. I also have a intimate knowledge of the Port Renfrew and Tofino / Ucluelet areas with approximately 40 + trips to each location.
What "IS" included in your custom private guiding experience?
1) Nissan Xterra 4 wheel drive vehicle equipped with a fridge, portable stove, solar panel (spring and summer months) for charging devices and running fridge.
2) I also include cooking and cutlery normally once per day with simple options during the daytime when traveling or photographing. I am a health conscious, gluten free (celiac) person and can accommodate most food restrictions.
3) If needed, I can include one two-person tent, sleeping bags (dry cleaned after each client stay), sleeping pads, and pillow.
4) I offer storage for any pre shipping gear for your Vancouver Island adventure.
5) Client pick up and drop off from Victoria International Airport and / or BC Ferries / or Port Angelse, Coho Ferry Terminal located in downtown Victoria.
6) Trip planning and advice. I can facilitate extra activities such as helicopter / aerial shoots, whale watching trips, etc. The activities themselves are an additional charge.
What is "NOT" included with your Vancouver Island Guiding experience.
1) trip cancellation / trip interruption insruance
2) out of province / country medical insurance. This is mandatory for all customer visiting from outside of British Columbia, Canada.
3) Your person items such as clothing, boots, gloves, rain gear, etc.
4) Your photography equipment. I do have some extra items, but can't promise I will have what you need regarding equipment as we may use different brands, etc. I am happy to help when I can!
5) Vehicle mileage. This is a per mile or charge to cover gasoline, insurance and wear and tear on my vehicle. Currently this fee is calculated at 50 cents per kilometer and is quoting prior to deposit. Note, the mileage fee is set by Canada Revenue Agency and given to myself by my accountant.
Price: $750 CDN / per day
(note, with current US to CDN exchange rate, this is approx. $575 US per day)